PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information about MAN D 0824 LFL series engines.

LE150C
09-03-2014, 15:03
Hi all, my first post. I have an 8 tonne truck (MAN LE150C) which appears to have an electrical/electronic fault. The engine starts perfectly fine and ticks over at exactly the expected RPM. However the warning light for the 'EDC' (Electronic Diesel Control) system should be extinguished two seconds after turning on but it stays illuminated. As the truck has not been run for a couple of years I suspect that the cause of the fault is a corroded connector for a sensor, or something similar. I wish to investigate, and to diagnose the fault if there is one, but I have had little luck in finding information on the 'Net about these engines. Can anyone give me any pointers?

More Power
09-04-2014, 09:02
Hi all, my first post. I have an 8 tonne truck (MAN LE150C) which appears to have an electrical/electronic fault. The engine starts perfectly fine and ticks over at exactly the expected RPM. However the warning light for the 'EDC' (Electronic Diesel Control) system should be extinguished two seconds after turning on but it stays illuminated. As the truck has not been run for a couple of years I suspect that the cause of the fault is a corroded connector for a sensor, or something similar. I wish to investigate, and to diagnose the fault if there is one, but I have had little luck in finding information on the 'Net about these engines. Can anyone give me any pointers?

A warning or service engine soon light generally means a problem exists that has been identified by the vehicle's computer. I'd begin troubleshooting by looking at the diagnostic trouble codes. This will narrow the possibilities considerably. Jim