PDA

View Full Version : Tcm

trailrider11
09-10-2014, 09:04
Hi folks, this is my first post and first problem with my '08 2500 4WD diesel. I am getting a P0880 ..".TCM power input signal" on my Edge scanner. I first noticed the "Service 4 wheel drive" signal after replacing the batteries! What did I do wrong, and do I really have to use a Chev dealer to do the repairs. Any ideal of the cost? :eek:
Will it hurt to drive it...with this problem, as I live 20 mi. from a town?
Thanks for any help you can give me!

Kennedy
09-11-2014, 09:44
I would clear code first and see if it comes back. Then try driving and see how it does.

Questions:

Who did the battery swap?

Were both negatives pulled and both batteries changed simultaneously?

Battery swaps for some reason tend to be hard on electronics. My only guess is that it has to do with swapping one at a time with the other still connected. Both negatives should be removed first then positives. Otherwise you have a live positive floating around.

I've also had a couple instances recently where the TCM failed in service. Likely cause is static shock from the serp belt. I believe the beloved gatorback belts are directly involved in many cases. We offer a nice inexpensive anti static belt on our web store.

I do have TCM's here if needed.

trailrider11
09-11-2014, 10:44
I am not sure that the EDGE unit will clear the code, but will try again. The batteries were changed out one at a time, so that may be what happened. What does a TCM cost and does it need any other tuning?
Thanks

Kennedy
09-12-2014, 14:51
Try to clear the code and see what happens. If it persists drop me an email and we'll get you taken care of.