PDA

View Full Version : Door Lock Delay Audio

EdHale
10-11-2014, 08:20
When I push the door lock with my door open I hear a tone ding three times and then when the door closes the door locks within a few seconds. It has worked like this since new and still does, except the volume of the tone suddenly dropped a couple of days ago. I can barely hear it at all. The locks still lock a few seconds after the door closes, but this tone has just about died.

Any idea what happened and how to fix it?

Thanks.

EdHale
10-12-2014, 09:47
I just discovered this morning that this is the same tone signal that sounds 5 times when you drive off without your seat belt on. Don't ask me how I found this out please, but it is the same sound and it has just about completely died it is so low in volume. This happened virtually overnight from normal volume to just about zero.

Since everything seems to work normally, is it possible this sound device is dying?

rapidoxidationman
10-12-2014, 12:45
Isn't the alert tone tied into the radio speakers? How does your radio audio sound?

EdHale
10-12-2014, 13:56
The radio sounds perfectly normal and no increase in volume setting is required to maintain the volume I'm used to.

DmaxMaverick
10-12-2014, 14:22
The chime volume is programmable through the BCM. Not sure about 2006, but it should have a pre-amp, which may be failing/failed. You'll need a Tech II to test either.

EdHale
10-12-2014, 16:29
I just went out to run a couple of errands and it is working perfectly again after a week of low volume. I haven't changed a thing, the volume just came back up.

I think it is haunted.

But if it acts up again I'll have it checked by my dealer.

Thanks all.

rapidoxidationman
10-12-2014, 17:10
If it were me I would probably wiggle some contacts behind the radio... Maybe check some relevant grounds too. Where is that pesky BCM that DmaxMaverick mentioned?

DmaxMaverick
10-13-2014, 03:03
If it were me I would probably wiggle some contacts behind the radio... Maybe check some relevant grounds too. Where is that pesky BCM that DmaxMaverick mentioned?

Below the steering column, behind the dash panel.

Note: You'll need a Tech II, whether reading/programming the current BCM, or replacing it. If it's replaced, it'll need a program from GM, relative to the specific vehicle (NO DIY option available).