PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a set of 6.5TD heads

john8662
05-22-2005, 17:13
Anybody have a spare engine sitting in the garage or shed that they don't want that possibly has a good set of heads on it? I'm having a HARD time finding a set of good rebuildable heads locally.

tom.mcinerney
05-22-2005, 17:21
Not sure such exist-
"good rebuildable heads"

Keep in mind Peninsular Engines has great price on new production....

john8662
05-22-2005, 20:34
Yeah, I'm finding that out no "good rebuildable" heads are common, I had a set but, guess what they're boat ankers, cracked from the intake valve all the way to the gasket sealing ring. I'm needing these for a 6.2 buildup, I can't keep from messing things up!

I'll call Penn on Monday. I'm a bit afraid of the "new castings" if they are the reproduction Chinese heads. But, if they're authentic AM General production heads, then I'm in. Thanks for the suggestion!

dieseldummy
05-22-2005, 21:03
Did you pressure test your old heads? I have ran heads in the past that were cracked like that with no problem, just as long as the cracks are superficial.

Kennedy
05-23-2005, 08:27
Th hardest part is guarranteeing good. I have 8 or so sets on a skid, most w/o significant cracks.

Military demand is taking up most all Genuine GEP parts right now and will likely continue to do so for some time.