PDA

View Full Version : 2002 2500 brake problems.

sholl85
11-01-2014, 09:37
I had my rear brake pads changed an drove home that night. The following day I drove my truck an all 4 brakes are locking up causing the rotors to be glowing red. I changed the rear calipers an now it's just right front hanging up. So I replaced abs sensor an caliper there with same problem still but only that wheel. Any advice ?

DmaxMaverick
11-01-2014, 11:12
Welcome aboard!

Check the brake fluid level. Over time as the brakes wear, brake fluid can be added. When you service the brakes, seldom do folks account for the "new" brake pads and the relation to fluid level. The fluid reservoir has a vent, but will often not vent the excess fluid, preventing the adjusters from adjusting. If the reservoir is completely full, it will often cause this problem. It can happen at any calliper, regardless of which axle was serviced.

The solution is often this simple. Clean and grease the adjusters (calliper bolts), then correct the fluid level.

sholl85
11-01-2014, 18:57
I have done all this. An still same issue. I'm changing the line tomorrow along with the abs module.

Kennedy
11-03-2014, 10:59
Any chance that the installer put a petroleum based oil in the master cylinder?

The only time I've see the situation you describe is when there was oil (probably power steering fluid) added to the reservoir. The silicone rubber in the brake parts will swell up and create constant drag.