PDA

View Full Version : check engine light

turbo rod
01-16-2005, 05:41
was going to check codes on my 93 turbo 3500 hd, put the key in the moduel to check the codes when i turned the key on there is no light with the key tool installed or not installed. pulled the dash checked the bulb it was okay, put a new one in anyway. tryed again and still no check engine light. was wondering if anyone knows where to check for the next possible reason for it not lighting up? i just joined the group last week and have learned alot alreay. thanks in advance

cruzer
01-17-2005, 08:34
What problems are you having? The 93 should be mechanically injected and I don't know if you will get codes for engine related problems. There's no computer for the engine. You do have a computer operating the trans though.

turbo rod
01-17-2005, 13:26
having tons of problems on start up, i wait till glow plugs warm up and when it starts it has a ton of white smoke takes about a minute to come out of it. like yesterday 12 degrees started it smoked like crazy. missed, pulled it in the garage set overnight now i have fuel on the floor, it dosent leak fuel all the time just sometimes. im sure the more knowlegbale people on here know where to look first, or have some ideas. i cant see no fuel leak under the center head or near the fuel filter. just got new 60g glow plugs today for it to help on start up, now i need to find the fuel leak. any good places to start looking for leakes would be helpfull.

markrinker
01-17-2005, 15:09
I would take any fuel leak VERY seriously, especially since you have the truck inside your garage.

Where is the fuel puddling? Underneath the driver's door? If so, look for a bad fitting or failed lift pump.

If its under the engine, follow it back to its source - maybe at the fuel filter at the top center rear of the engine, or from the injection pump if coming from the front of the engine.

Either way be careful leaving it inside - especially if you have it plugged in. Diesel doesn't flash, but it doesn't take much to get a fire started that you can't put out with a small extinguisher, either.