PDA

View Full Version : 96 3500 6.5 turbo wont start.please help

flyhigh
11-30-2014, 02:47
Ok to start I changed PMD to remote location put new injectors new glow plugs bleed system had good spray out glow plug holes checked for voltage at glow plugs it has.it tryed to start but just not quite. Has good battery and cranking speed power to PMD from computer. Now the PMD is calibrated 9 I dont know if that matches the pump ? And is this enough to not start. Its cold here. THX I NEED SOME HELP

Robyn
11-30-2014, 09:54
Try more glow time.

You likely have some air still in the system.

Glow it, try a start, if not quite, then glow again then try.

Missy

flyhigh
11-30-2014, 15:15
How many psi is the lift pump supposed to have? Some more information on truck ok the motor was rebuilt in California then pulled heavy trailer to Washington 1300 miles along the way stop for fuel didn't want to start waited awhile then started up 2nd stop had to wait 2hr same with 3rd stop when arriving in Washington shut truck off next morning truck would not start.

Jesus
12-08-2014, 21:31
What kind of battery's you have? are they charged tits? Clean fuel filter? when you turn the key an you hear lift pump? Did you open top of fuel filter all the way while turning key to glow and verify lift pump working?Put a large kitchen towel around it if you do cause alot of fuel will come out. Start the engine after first glow light goes out. 8 seconds ish

Jesus
12-09-2014, 23:17
How many psi is the lift pump supposed to have? Some more information on truck ok the motor was rebuilt in California then pulled heavy trailer to Washington 1300 miles along the way stop for fuel didn't want to start waited awhile then started up 2nd stop had to wait 2hr same with 3rd stop when arriving in Washington shut truck off next morning truck would not start.

or try glowing for 10 secs then try to start...New fuel filter? Verify getting fuel pressure by cracking top of fuel filter, while key in glow ? PS get some rags around it... What color pmd and type? is there a heatsync on pmd? Are you using a heat transfer paste?