PDA

View Full Version : needed in a bad way

Roll Hard Racing
12-10-2014, 13:36
Hey all. Tim from Knoxville TN here. I picked me up a 98 Chevy 3500, 6.5 turbo, automatic 2 wheel drive dually for cheap. Everything is in really good shape. Truck has unfortunately set for about a year in the guys field. (Friend of mine) The truck ran and drive fine when parked, it had only developed a small fuel leak. So after setting that long the field mice/rats had their way with the underhood.

Anyway

I am in need of an engine wiring harness.

Details:
6.5 turbo
Automatic
2 wheel drive dually
(All power interior if that matters)

Roll Hard Racing
12-10-2014, 19:43
Or does anyone know if one that is identical everywhere else, but is for a 4x4, is the same and or if it will work?

DieselDavy
12-11-2014, 08:02
RHR,
Welcome aboard!
I'm not the guy to answer this but I think you'll have a hard time finding the engine wiring harness unless you find a junkyard unit.
I'm guessing you'd be better off rewiring as needed to get it back in shape.
I'm also sure someone else with more authority will chime in here with their wisdom!
Good luck and please let us know how it works out.
Dave

Roll Hard Racing
12-11-2014, 13:24
Ok question.

The 4x4 harness is now a no go.

I found one on ebay, but seems as i spoke to the guy on the phone, that his harness is from the firewall, to the injection pump with a couple other sensors.

I honestly stop investigating my harness after the first few plugs i found are bad.

So that leaves me with this, i ask him, if his harness, has the glow plug wires and all with it and he said no. I want a harness that has all of the wires and sensor plugs collectively. From the looks of my truck (not in front of me at this moment), that my plug in is about 3 inches by 4 inches in size and squares. Is this not the plug that has every engine sensor wire, including the glow plug wires in it? or am i looking at the wrong harness?

please i need help in a bad way, and i cant post in the tech thread for some reason.

thanks in advance

tim

arveetek
01-14-2015, 09:46
Tim,

I have a complete engine harness from the firewall forward for a 1997 1 ton dually 2 wheel drive.

The only thing that might be a problem is that this is a work truck edition, and uses the old square headlights, instead of the standard composite headlights, so the headlight plugs won't match up. Everything else should be the same.

Let me know by private message if you're still looking for a harness and are interested.

Thanks,

Casey