PDA

View Full Version : 95 chev k1500 6.5 accelerator pedel

dshennum
12-16-2014, 07:38
push on pedal and can't get anything. what do I need to do to fix this?

john8662
12-16-2014, 08:00
Is the service throttle soon light on?

Check the codes, could be a bad PMD as well.

dshennum
12-17-2014, 10:00
Is the service throttle soon light on?

Check the codes, could be a bad PMD as well. light in not on.seems as thou the cable is broke? no pressure on assc. pedal.

dshennum
12-17-2014, 10:04
light in not on.seems as thou the cable is broke? no pressure on assc. pedal.is there a cable? How much would this cost tobe fixed? Thankyou for your help

bowtiebutler
12-17-2014, 15:37
is there a cable? How much would this cost tobe fixed? Thankyou for your help
If your truck is a 1992 or 93, then you have a cable. If its 94+ then you don't. The throttle is electronically controlled on the 94 up trucks.

Matt

More Power
12-18-2014, 11:22
There are three potentiometric elements inside the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) module that relay pedal position to the vehicle computer. A variety of diagnostic trouble codes will set if one or more of these elements fail in some way. If just one element fails, neither the STS (Service Throttle Soon) or MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) will illuminate, but codes will set non-the-less.

The system will function with just one element, but there will be warning lights. For the accelerator pedal to have no affect on engine speed, there must be codes set. Have the codes read...

phantom309
12-22-2014, 09:22
push on pedal and can't get anything. what do I need to do to fix this?

I think you need to post more info on this problem,. your short cryptic question could lead to many different diagnoses

Does the engine start ?
are you driving the truck?
is it a low power complaint?

People are always glad to help,. but not many of us are into chinese puzzles.