PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter????

wilpulu
01-16-2005, 16:34
Changed fuel filter and in the process ended up taking the top o-ring off, rubber and steel. Put it back together the way I thought it was supposed to go on but I have a leak now at the top. I'm guessing steel ring goes on first and then rubber gasket flat side up or down???? I did check for extra gasket from old filter, not the problem.....thanks

More Power
01-17-2005, 10:07
New filter elements come with a new rubber gasket. If necessary, buy another spare fuel filter to compare. Always remove the original rubber seal & discard with the old filter.

MP

Hubert
01-18-2005, 06:12
You pulled the gasket apart some how or someone did. They should be one piece. The steel is embedded in the rubber but comes apart fairly easily. You might be able to take it back apart and assemble it if it isn't pinched. Act like you are changing the fuel filter again though because once you lift the filter out dirty diesel mixes with "inside" clean diesel and its potential for problems. Read lots of good advice tips for changing the filter its worth the extra effort to do it well.