PDA

View Full Version : Water Sensor at NAPA

billferg
01-07-2015, 12:41
I must be the last one to learn that NAPA now sells the Water Sensor/Separator for the Duramax LBZ fuel filters. NAPA pn 2-95001 appears to be made more substantial than the OEM and cheaper too.

rapidoxidationman
01-07-2015, 14:34
The WIF sensor on my truck is now just a plug for the bottom of the filter. The wires broke on it many years ago and I've never had an issue with water in the fuel anyway.
Seems like there's a member/vendor here who sells a replacement plug made of nice aluminum billet, but I've no need for it until my plug starts to leak. The proper wrench (also cheaply available at NAPA) makes it easy to properly remove that soft plastic part without wrecking it.

Kennedy
01-07-2015, 15:11
We do plus both with and w/o drains. We do offer the OE sensors as well. Never been a fan of aftermarket replacement sensors etc. Especially Napa/Echlin stuff.

DIESEL/VETTE
01-08-2015, 09:41
I agree with kennedy.

More Power
01-13-2015, 10:43
Buying OE or known quality replacement fuel filters usually make the most sense when you're not sure about quality, even if the original equipment filters and related components are somewhat more expensive. I've learned that most auto parts stores carry a growing percentage of questionable import products (like filters).

I needed to change the fuel filter in my 2001 during the cold temperatures we experienced last week where temps dropped to a little below zero overnight. I was seeing mostly P0093 and then a P0089 trouble codes, which are both related to fuel rail pressure problems, These codes resulted in a limp mode operation. The computer was calling for xxx pressure, and the was seeing something in excess of 20Mpa below what it wanted. A new fuel filter appears to have solved the problem.

If there's ever a good time for a routine fuel filter service, it's in the fall just before you expect cold weather to grip your region of the country. I should have changed the fuel filter last October or November, but...