PDA

View Full Version : Need a good turbo shop

JeepSJ
01-09-2015, 20:32
Looking at my TE06H, it looks like I need a new compressor wheel. I didn't follow my own advice and used a K&N filter and have some serious erosion on the leading edges of the blades.

Back when I first installed this, there wasn't a whole lot of support for it on-line. Now thanks to the import crowd, this thing is in high demand and there are parts available for it. I actually though about dumping it in favor of a HX-35 because I could turn a healthy profit on selling it and purchasing a HX-35. But, that would mean exhaust mods and other things I don't want to deal with right now.

I wasn't really happy with the TE06H - it never boosted the way I thought it should. Then again, I had a failing IP and questionable injectors and timing set by ear (no timing tab), so I think I need to give it a fair chance with my new parts. I remember an older member talking about selecting a different wheel for his TE06H based on the map (still can't find one on-line for it, but I'm reading that it is extremely close to the HX-35).

So, anyone have a good turbo shop that I can talk to and get my new wheel? I see custom billet stuff on ebay, etc... now but I don't want to touch any of that because who knows what it really is.

JLue
01-12-2015, 04:45
I started rebuilding my turbo and i ran in to trouble. I took it to huckstorf in Franklin WI. They fixed it up for me. I am very happy with their work. Here is their web site. http://www.hdiesel.com

--------------------------
1997 GMC K1500 Surburban 6.5t Heath turbo controller and crossover