PDA

View Full Version : Allison limp questions

Dillman
05-07-2015, 10:26
I have a 2001 silverado 2500 with the duramax and Allison.

Today i started my truck to let it warm up, radio came on, started blowing ac ect. I went inside to grab a couple things came back and pulled out of the driveway. when i shifted into D the truck jerked as if it went into gear really hard. Thought nothing of it because the truck was still cold. As i proceded to leave the neighborhood i found none of the dash was working. No gauges other than oil pressure. (must be manual) The radio and ac was also not working, engine running great. When i went to turn around and return home the transmission felt like it was slipping and would not make it up a small hill. I put the truck in park, opened the hood and checked the batterys, they were tight, got in to turn on hazards and see the batt light, service engine, and ABS lights were on, i slammed the hood, put the truck in gear and crept it up the hill back home. I shut the truck off, waited about a half hour started it back up and everything on the dash worked fine. No check engine light at all but hooked up scanner and found P0846 P0841.

Im assuming the transmission issues were because the engine was running and no power to maybe the rest of the truck, it caused the trans to limp.

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts of what could have caused the power loss please let me know.

More Power
05-07-2015, 12:50
Sounds like an electrical problem - or instrument cluster problem. And, yes, I agree the limp mode is likely related.