PDA

View Full Version : flashed computer ?

juan gomez
02-10-2005, 17:55
I have a 1996 2500 4x4 ext cab long bed 6.5"F" truck.Wondering how to tell if my computer has been flashed .My boost runs about 11 lb. at full throttle.As far as i know it has a BANKS ex. system and guages.
thanks for any input

Turbine Doc
02-10-2005, 18:41
Does it hold 11 psi or drop off when not accelerating or hard pulling to 3-5 psi, if it hits 11 then drops back to low boost after going through the gears fairly quickly, probably not a reflash, plus most vendors that reflash them re-ident on PCM if it has been flashed.

If you have access to a scan tool, you will see sustained fuel delivery request in excess of 63mm on hard pull/accel

juan gomez
02-10-2005, 19:00
GOING 65 IT WILLHOLD 9 TO 10 LBS. BOOST STEADY

Turbine Doc
02-10-2005, 19:38
You have a fooler on it or TM spring keeping WG shut, may have some reprogramming in there, ever pulled the PCM & looked at the case for aftermarket vendors sticker.

Also what final drive ratio do you have, look in reference section for RPO codes, Then look in glovebox; those letter/#s are RPO codes for what your truck was delivered with in options/build package, plus then you can update your signature so it's easier for us to help troubleshoot any problem you might have in the future.