PDA

View Full Version : Turning off the SES lite

ginger743
05-28-2015, 19:51
Hi everyone, Hope all is well, been a long time since I posted but I now have a question. What should I check / repair to turn off the SES lite. I checked the fuel cap. Nothing has changed that might change things in the Truck, runs fine and all that.

Thanks for the help,

Jerry

Dvldog8793
05-29-2015, 05:04
Howdy
Go to a service center or parts store that will read the code for you and find out what is causing the light to come on. Some will do it for free.
Or you can buy an inexpensive code reader with instructions.
Fix the problem.
End of story.
...or get a little piece of black tape or a small Mr Happy:) sticker and cover up the light....

ginger743
05-29-2015, 05:29
Howdy
Go to a service center or parts store that will read the code for you and find out what is causing the light to come on. Some will do it for free.
Or you can buy an inexpensive code reader with instructions.
Fix the problem.
End of story.
...or get a little piece of black tape or a small Mr Happy:) sticker and cover up the light....

Sounds like a plan. Thank you very much !! Appreciate it !!

Jerry

ginger743
05-30-2015, 06:09
Sounds like a plan. Thank you very much !! Appreciate it !!

Jerry

Looks like it may be time for a new fuel cap. The afternoon that I first experienced this problem I loosened the fuel cap and retightened it , no help. The next afternoon I fired it up and the lite was off.

Jerry

Dvldog8793
05-30-2015, 09:09
I would still take it in and have the code recalled. It should still be stored in the computer. Might prove to be nothing but it also could be helpful.

ginger743
05-30-2015, 11:12
I would still take it in and have the code recalled. It should still be stored in the computer. Might prove to be nothing but it also could be helpful.

Good idea DV , I'll do that .

Jerry