PDA

View Full Version : What if...

panchosteam
11-02-2003, 10:30
Hi guys,
What if i reduce the exhaust pipe for the turbo by bending it with a vise to make it fit between the body and the frame, will this sofocate the exhaust? or is it just better to cut the frame and go from there? i'm just about to finish the installation of the 6.5 td on my 84 sierra pick up, i need to finish a few things like the turbo exhaust and install a serpentine belt, maybe i will also need a turbo master. I was thinking that maybe, i could tie the waste gate on to the transmission hose coming off the regulator valve on the fuel pump, since the transmission is vacuum controlled i just have the thought that it may work, or what will happen? because the air flowing from the vacuum pump on the serpentine belt is computer regulated,i was thinking that the air on the transmission is controled by the vacuum regulator valve, then the wastegate on my turbo might work off this line,it's only a thought or will this work? have any of you guys thought about this? let me know .

thank you.

pannhead
11-02-2003, 13:20
whatever you decide, DON'T ever "cut" the frame :eek:

panchosteam
11-02-2003, 14:52
Hi pannhead,
I guess i don't cut the frame, i saw a ford exhaust for the turbo and it was 3 inch at the begining and as it was starting to go down it was like smashed i guess it will be ok, what do you think about the waste gate been connected to the transmission line on the regulator valve on the injection pump?