PDA

View Full Version : Trans acts up then fine

Chevysilver0195
08-24-2015, 12:10
95 6.5 diesel was running fantastic just bought it a couple weeks ago and got it on the road today I was driving and the tranny slipped a little and blew smoke out and now I can't feel it shift past 1st gear none of my Gages work so I don't know for sure where the Rpms are for sure but it's stays around 2.5

trbankii
08-24-2015, 13:17
Smoke out the tailpipe? Or out of the transmission?

How are you coming with all the other issues you’ve asked about and never followed up on? Some of these issues could be tied together.

JohnC
08-24-2015, 14:38
Check the power to the fuse for the gauges. It runs the gauges and the shift solenoids. Also, check (how fast can you go?) that it is really in second gear, not first. The most common cause is a failed contact in the ignition switch. It is a separate set of contacts and powers only the trans and gauges, which come on one position before the engine power does.

Chevysilver0195
08-25-2015, 04:09
Bought a 95 6.5 diesel ran great the first couple times I drove it and then yesterday it slipped once but was going 45 mph no problem on my home from a friends house it wouldn't go past 10 mph what would cause it to go to **** so fast? I would think it would give me a little warning it was on the road 25 mins max all day or am I just being stupid I am really new to all this

Robyn
08-25-2015, 07:11
Need more info.

Any codes showing (SES LIGHT) ????

Does the tranny fluid smell burnt ?? Dark color??

trbankii
08-25-2015, 09:49
Have you checked any of the things suggested in your other post about this?
http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=44260

Chevysilver0195
08-27-2015, 20:25
95 6.5 trans perfect when I drove it home next day was acting up slipping and not shifting into gear barly limped it home. Now it's completely fine again... We're thinking its a sensor anyone have any experience

DmaxMaverick
08-27-2015, 23:22
Refer to this thread, and continue your diagostics: http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=44260

Chevysilver0195
08-28-2015, 06:03
We've already checked all that

trbankii
08-28-2015, 06:10
And what did you find?

It’s like going to the doctor. You tell him your leg hurts.

He asks for how long.

(no answer)

He asks where exactly it hurts.

(no answer)

He feels you knee and asks if that hurts.

(no answer)

He feels your ankle and asks if that hurts.

(no answer)

If you don’t let us know what you find, we have no way of narrowing things down. You keep starting new posts, but you haven’t provided any of the diagnostics or given feedback in any of the previous posts.

Robyn
08-28-2015, 07:10
Electrical connections ????

Remove main electrical plug, spray well with electromotive cleaner (both on the tranny and the plug and re connect.

Whats the fluid like ???

Clean, dirty brown, smell burnt ????

Fluid level warm in N (With park brake on) :)

Wiring grounds.

Any codes showing ??

Tranny issues will usually pop a code (Service engine Soon lamp)

More info please

Trannies such as these do not heal up, so something is hinky somewhere.

Missy