PDA

View Full Version : 2001 allison issues HELP !!!!!

skar
09-01-2015, 15:34
I have a 2001 gmc duramax with the allison tranny a couple weeks ago it went into limp mode. Gave me the p1711 code so I changed both filters and fluid and when I started it I noticed fluid flowing out of rear extension housing. So I ran down to merchant and got a new one. Got that in and still same code so I took valvebody out and cleaned it real good. Now it won't go into any gear and my gear indicator blinks if I give it gas while ingear. Any suggestions would be great. Ready to bring it in but with 5 kids at home I'd rather not.

Kennedy
09-16-2015, 09:02
I have a 2001 gmc duramax with the allison tranny a couple weeks ago it went into limp mode. Gave me the p1711 code so I changed both filters and fluid and when I started it I noticed fluid flowing out of rear extension housing. So I ran down to merchant and got a new one. Got that in and still same code so I took valvebody out and cleaned it real good. Now it won't go into any gear and my gear indicator blinks if I give it gas while ingear. Any suggestions would be great. Ready to bring it in but with 5 kids at home I'd rather not.

Need to be a bit more specific as to a new what?

The code says solenoid E stuck. Over the years I most commonly heard this issue with freshly built ATS transmissions :rolleyes: but haven't in a long time on a trans that is stock, healthy and has been in service for some time. It typically indicates dirty or a sticky valve in the trans.

No idea why you would have fluid flowing out the rear extension housing after a simple fluid and filter change, but I suspect overfull and pushing out the vent?