PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure gauge

Dvldog8793
09-13-2015, 13:04
Howdy
Factory dash oil pressure gauge is starting to make nervous.
Where is a good spot to pull oil pressure for a temp mechanical gauge?
Thanks!

rustyk
09-13-2015, 13:50
Probably needs a new sender - with a mechanical gage, you still need a way to power the lift pump.

Dvldog8793
09-13-2015, 16:08
Right...I should have clarified...
a good place to tap off for a temporary mechanical oil pressure gauge.
I would leave the OPS in place and still run the mechanical gauge to see what is really going on.
Probably will replace the OPS regardless.

DennisG01
09-22-2015, 08:42
How about putting a threaded, brass T into the fitting on top of the turbo and then the pressure sender into the "T"? I used that for secondary warning system for low oil pressure (the stock warning system is horrible).

EDIT: I should add... I'm not positive, but I don't think you get full oil pressure at that spot (although I could be wrong). I originally put a 15psi sender there and when the oil was hot and at idle, the alarm would sound. I changed it to a 10-psi sender and the alarm only sounds until the engine starts and the pressure builds. I might be off on the exact psi senders that I used, but they were very, very close to those numbers.

brandongarnold02
09-24-2015, 07:19
Isn't here a spot in the block below the intake manifold that has a plug in it. The 6.5 non turbo in the delivery trucks we have has the oil pressure sensor there.