PDA

View Full Version : intermitten p0088 andp0090 codes

bm802293
09-30-2015, 17:29
new fuel lines.fuel cooler. fuel pressure regulater..and new fuel filter.did bleed entire system.why do codes come and go please help

DieselDavy
10-01-2015, 04:51
Hi bm,
I am probably not the guy that can help with your problem, but I can help you get help!
Please post a little more about what type of vehicle you are working on.
year, make, model, engine at least. What are your symptoms besides the codes, if any. What changes have you made from how it came from the factory.
If you can fill in the guys here, they can probably get you working again.
Good Luck!
Dave

trbankii
10-01-2015, 05:52
P0088 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too High

- Sticking fuel rail pressure regulator

P0090 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Circuit

- Faulty fuel pressure sensor
- Fuel pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
- Fuel pressure sensor electrical circuit poor connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

Considering the codes and the work you did, I’d say to start with going back over all the connections to make sure nothing is loose.

bm802293
10-01-2015, 18:19
it is an02 LB7 I have done press regulator twice.bled systemmultiple times.i can get in tonight and drive no codes runs fine.tommorrow drive again codes p0088 and 90 will pop up it runs on limp mode.drive agin next day all better.i checkecked all connections multiple times

trbankii
10-01-2015, 18:44
It’s possible that you got a bad replacement sensor right out of the box. Or that the harness was damaged.

Kennedy
10-02-2015, 06:50
Regulators and sensors do not tend to go bad especially OE Bosch parts. Regulators do tend to lope/hunt at idle if they get a little sticky.

The P0088 and P0090 while not common have been associated with ECM component failure in my experience. Now it's possible that your intermittent issue is a wiring issue so I would check that first. No plug in modules (Edge Juice) and the pins on the big connectors should be making good contact.