PDA

View Full Version : ebay truck what do you think?

Dauber
09-07-2003, 02:17
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2430362949&category=6244

This is a 1993, what are the disadvantages of this year, or advantages?
What is the hp and touque rating for this year?
Thanks.
I am looking close at this one looks like alot of upgrades.

richard7
09-07-2003, 07:43
It was 190 hp and around 380 p/ft of torque.

Phazer timing gears, Amsoil oil by-pass, '97 cooling mods, performance exhaust, etc., already a lot of good (and expensive) mods have been installed, this is a truck for an enthusiast! I would ask for the diff. gear ratio to see if it goes with your needs.

The good thing is it is a mechanical fuel injection system which will allow for easier power upgrades and less expensive repairs.

If you can buy it, it will be a very, very good starting point.

Johnny B.
09-07-2003, 10:06
I bought my truck on Ebay last May with 211,000. I corresponded with the person several times to be clear on several issues so that I had documentation in the event that the truck was being misrepresented enabling me to walk away from the deal. There were a few issues such as tires "like new," ended up being old with broken belts, "no leaks," ended up have a small oil leak. These issues were not a major problem for me. I ended up purchasing for the bid amount since I was getting a decent price $5000. Looking back I should have countered or walked away from the sale since the seller was not fully honest. It was also a situation where one person was selling it for another. I left a neutral feedback and never received a comment or feedback about me. The truck has served me well, I know a guy who works with a truck fleet so tires were $73 a piece out the door.

My advice ask several questions by email so it is well documented. Looking at the images of the truck I noticed several large weights on the factory rims an indication of a bent rim, they shouldn't take that much weight. I also noticed for sale in Florida, but has NY plates. I also noticed a military base sticker on the top center of the windshield. These are places that I would begin with questions, also do a carfax.com report to learn about the vehicles history and if it is a flood, salvage vehicle etc.

From the upgrades I would say your getting you would be doing alright with this truck. My 93 runs great I use it to tow a 30' 7000 lbs. loaded travel trialer. i just added the 97 cooling mods and want to give it a try while towing. Best of Luck!

richard7
09-07-2003, 12:47
On the wheel shown with a lot of balance weight, there is a missing lug cap, and I can't see if the lug and stud are missing...

You may ask too why the added air spring and leaf spring, it may have pulled heavy loads, maybe not the easy highway miles as described...