PDA

View Full Version : 2006 GMC heated seats switch don't stay on

hwn
11-17-2015, 17:16
It's -8 degrees and sitting on a cold seat doesn't sit to well. I have a 2006 GMC durmax 2500 Sierra truck. My heated seats have been working; but the last week both seats have been playing games. I'll hit the switch and the light goes on then off. I go from the drivers side to the passenger side and turn the heated switch on and it stays on then go back to my side and the switch stays on. The seats warm up as usual. Now the switches don't stay on; also the dome light doesn' go on when I open the door.
Any suggestions??

Thank you

Hal Nonneman
Anchorage, AK

More Power
11-23-2015, 10:51
I'd bet the heated seats are important where you live. It seems the electrical connectors for the seat heaters, located beneath the seats and through the carpet, can become partially unplugged - creating an intermittent operation. In some cases, an individual wire can sometimes pull out of an electrical connector and cause the same symptoms.

This problem sometimes happens when "things" get pushed or crammed under the seat. So, have a look at the electrical connectors. If the problem is due to an electrical connector becoming partially unplugged, preventing a re-occurrence may be as simple as using zip-ties or tape to help secure the connection.

The dome light may be a separate issue. With colder temperatures here, the door switch may be sticking a bit, which could delay the activation of the interior courtesy lamps. Good luck.

cabletech
11-23-2015, 13:40
The power window switch on the drivers door is likely the problem (aka drivers door modual). There is a TSB for this. I had a 2006 with the same problem. Key to this is it affects both seats.

Jay