PDA

View Full Version : Ungrounded.....

Warren96
12-16-2015, 14:19
The ground on the fuel pump seems to have opened. Can anyone tell me where the other end comes out after it enters the wire harnnes at the pump? The only thing I can tell from underneath is that its towards the front!

CoyleJR
12-16-2015, 15:55
I have not worked on a 6.5 for over 15 years but if I remember correctly the ground is made through an oil pressure switch so if the motor is not running or cranking the pump shuts off. If the motor is not running you would have an open ground. You may want to confirm this with other DP members, I am not real familiar with the 6.5s.
Good luck

sctrailrider
12-17-2015, 04:24
You can just repair both ends of the wire and ground them to the frame where they are now and be just as good...

Warren96
12-17-2015, 10:07
The fuel pump fuse is 20 AMPS, so I ran a nice thick wire to the battery. With my luck the puter may pick up noise from my Rube Goldberg attachment and start throwing 1's and 0's so I wanted to be sure I had a nice quiet ground. Thanks to all who responded,there is nothing like being able to bounce ideas off other guys to find a solution!!!!