PDA

View Full Version : Start up white smoke

Jgreemo
12-21-2015, 14:45
Hi guys,

I've recently replaced my injectors, glows, lift and injector pump and am getting a lot of white smoke at startup, which clears after a few minutes. Engine starts easy, even when cold and makes very good power. With the new IP, glows and injectors, it's never run this smoothly in fact.

Anyway to diagnose the smoke problem? I'm looking at leaks in or around the injectors now but any other tell tales?

Thanks and happy holidays!
Jon

DmaxMaverick
12-21-2015, 14:53
If you are using AC60G plugs, it helps to extend the glow cycle. Otherwise, replace them with faster/hotter plugs.

Jgreemo
12-23-2015, 12:58
Thanks DMax,

I'm using brand new Kennedy Quick Heats and have installed some resistors on the controller. My current heat time is around 12 seconds, give or take a bit. Would it possibly be a leaky injector?

Jon

DmaxMaverick
12-23-2015, 13:13
That's more than sufficient glow cycle for KQH's. In my experience, about 6-8 seconds is all that's needed for full heat. 12-14 seconds for 60G's.

With new injectors, it's hard to say. If everything else lines up, an injector could be the cause, or perhaps air in the system after sitting overnight. If it lopes at all, I'd suspect air before an injector.