PDA

View Full Version : Power steering different w/ AC?

TrenchFoot
12-22-2015, 10:01
I'm looking to add an A6 compressor to my 6.2 w/ V belts and it looks like the power steering pump is different. Can anyone confirm if I'll need a different pump and/or brackets? It looks like it needs to sit lower on the right side to fit the compressor.

Also looking for the rear AC compressor bracket but haven't gotten any responses: http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=44481

Dvldog8793
12-22-2015, 14:08
Howdy
The two trucks that I have had with AC and 6.2 both had the PS pump with a remote reservoir.
I might have a bracket for you...I will check with my son as it would be his motor.

TrenchFoot
12-22-2015, 16:01
Howdy
The two trucks that I have had with AC and 6.2 both had the PS pump with a remote reservoir.
I might have a bracket for you...I will check with my son as it would be his motor.

Thanks, always wondered why some engines had a remote reservoir. I'll happily buy the bracket and a power steering pump setup if you have a full set (bracket, pump and reservoir) if you have any spares.

Dvldog8793
12-30-2015, 17:06
Howdy
I was wrong. The engine that we have is not an AC motor so no remote reservoir. Sorry!