PDA

View Full Version : Hot Ground

DaveNY
12-28-2015, 21:30
Well, fishin for a shortcut,kinda busy. Dome light inop (both) ground wire "wht" is hot. all other lights in the circuit work as they should including the over head maplights, overide on the light switch,and all door switches. Just hoping some one may have had a similar problem and maybe save me a little time.Bulbs are good!!

Thanks for lookin
Dave

Warren96
12-31-2015, 20:24
Have you looked for voltage at the door switches? If they get corroded, it will keep the lite off.

DaveNY
01-02-2016, 18:49
Your probably right Warren, I had an issue with Drivers side button on front door,(the buzzer wouldnt go off until I fiddled with it). Bought a new one and its somewhwere in garage! another item I didnt have time to install!!!! Hopefully peacful day tomorrow and give it a shot.

Ill let You Know
Thanks Dave

jrsavoie
01-03-2016, 06:51
Not sure I understand the question.

The ground wire will read hot if disconnected. The circuit works by going to ground.

I know this is obvious, but I have had people not know this.

DaveNY
01-04-2016, 19:04
Thats My fault,I wasnt exactly clear.At first I Couldnt wrap my head around the wire being hot and still being able to ground the socket and get light to work,took a short ride and the bulb in my head went on and realized the current was just passing on to a dead end. One of those example of being to close to the problem.Happens now and then!!!

Thanks for the reply

Still looking for the open.