PDA

View Full Version : Bad Fuel ? now what ?

Dennis22
07-31-2003, 08:10
Fueled up the other day, got 8 miles from the gas station and she started running real rough.Ended up getting it home, barely. I figured I got bad fuel so I Drained all fuel in system changed the fuel filter treated the new fuel in the system and it ran good for 10 miles or so, started running not good again, changed the fuel filter again and ran it down the highway for about 30 miles and it ran great! get up this morning and started and then quit, does not seem to be getting fuel. It is a 96 6.5 turbo Suburban,140,000 miles on it. love the truck, new owner 20,000 miles ago. I keep hearing about this fuel injector pump issue ? Is it possible this is what I got?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Dennis22

charliepeterson
07-31-2003, 11:50
Go up to the top of this page and hit "search". Type in "stalling". I think you will find all the information your looking for. The truck could be stalling for any number of reasons. Most problems can be corrected very easily.
Post back if you have any trouble.

ucdavis
07-31-2003, 12:44
Also, @ top of page click Members Area, then scroll down page to Reference & click on 94+...Stalling article for a good punchlist.
Could be IP, but could also be FSD, lift pump... Its all on the list. Post questions as you proceed if you need to know where the "xxx" is or whatever.
Welcome aboard.