PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here have experience with Heath exhaust/BD Xmonitor?

Randee of the Redwoods
07-31-2003, 17:13
I'm looking at the Heath exhaust for price. Can't beat it. But the site doesn't say what pipe size is used. I can only assume it's 3" since that's what most everyone uses.
Anybody want to sound off about the Xmonitor? iv'e decided to pony up the cash for one(universal, pyro/boost). I will be mounting it in a custom setup where the stock radio resided in my 3rd gen interior. There's already an aftermarket radio relocated in the dash(install kits to do that only cost like $20) and I thought having round gauges in that stock radio spot or even on a pillar pod would look a bit retarded. Plus, it looks ghetto at night with a big dark void on the right side of the dash. There is a cd holder available to fill that spot(less than $20), but I'd rather put something useful there. I'll record all progress on the custom install for those who may want to copy. About how big is the Xmonitor? Opinions? Is it worth the lofty $400? How's the display at night? Bullydog is supposed to have something similar soon but it's not on their site yet, but I like the Xmonitor's display better.

dslpwr
08-02-2003, 10:19
ONE THING ABOUT BILL HEATH EXHAUST IT IS QUIET.
THERE IS NO IN CAB NOISE.

jimbo6.5
08-03-2003, 21:07
I have the heath diesel exhaust, I can tell you from expierience it's awesome,in a word.
it's 4" cat back ,but i dont run a cat so it's 4"
all the way, it's 3 off the turbo then 4" it's quiet inside and sounds like a high output V8 when going past you,everything of bills is top notch, I have his chip, his box isolater, his heavy duty fan clutch, his trans control, I'm purty
sure i'm putting his kids thru college, Just kidding i would'nt let any one else touch my truck besides bill or todd, oh yeah i also have his water inj.BAD TO THE BONE!!
JIM

TurboDiverArt
01-05-2004, 19:25
Originally posted by jimbo6.5:
I have the heath diesel exhaust, I can tell you from expierience it's awesome,in a word.
it's 4" cat back ,but i dont run a cat so it's 4"
all the way, it's 3 off the turbo then 4" it's quiet inside and sounds like a high output V8 when going past you,everything of bills is top notch, I have his chip, his box isolater, his heavy duty fan clutch, his trans control, I'm purty
sure i'm putting his kids thru college, Just kidding i would'nt let any one else touch my truck besides bill or todd, oh yeah i also have his water inj.BAD TO THE BONE!!
JIM Jimbo,

Looking at the Heath Diesel web site, only the Duramax exhaust is listed as 4", all 6.5's are 3". Did you special order it?

The site does note that they use a Stan's 4" exhaust? I'll shoot off a note to Bill, he always gets back to you right away.

Thanks,
Art.

Tough Guy
01-05-2004, 19:41
I have installed the X monitor in a Dmax and its nice. The display is removeable from the pillar pod and has more than enough cord/wire etc. to do what your thinking of, you will have to do something different for the boost installation however.

Cheers