PDA

View Full Version : Fusible links. Ignition switch

DieselAddict
02-25-2016, 22:09
Hey folks. I just completed a cylinder head swap at 3 am this morning. And I'm glad to report that there wasn't any bubbling coming out of the passenger head. It's all good on that note. But I was out driving'r around today. N the frickin thing dies. Like it does sometimes. N I do wut I usually do. N wiggled the harness wires coming down under the dash from the ignition and everything comes back on. But it seems to be taking longer to come back. So the question is. Is this where the fusible links are. Where the harness connection is? Just under the steering wheel?/dash? I pulled my steering wheel apart couple months back. N wiggled each wire with the key turned on. N nothing would work right under the ignition. So I follow the wires down to where this harness connection is. (Which is a blue harness connector) under the dash. And wiggled those around. N everything lit up.

So if I take this harness connection off. Put some dielectric grease in there. Would this solve my problem? Or do I go n get a new harness from napa? If some can let me know a lil about this. That'll be great. Thanks.

D.A.

DmaxMaverick
02-26-2016, 00:41
There are no fusible links under the dash, and if there were, that wouldn't be your problem. If "wiggling" wires "fixes" anything, the problem is a connection or broken wire. Dielectric grease doesn't "fix" anything, although it can prevent issues with oxidation in connections over time. Start by replacing that harness, and the ignition switch.