PDA

View Full Version : Injector Lines

Jgreemo
03-28-2016, 21:41
Anyone know where injector lines can be had? Looking for lines with the 3/4 inch nut at the nozzle.

Thanks,
Jon

Robyn
03-29-2016, 07:22
Assuming you are looking for a set of lines for a 6.2 ??

Best shots are going to be ebay or possibly either Craigs list or a local area bone yard.

Remember, the 6.5 from 94 and later uses a different line set than the 6.2 or the 92/93 6.5

If you scare up a set from a used engine (bone yard) be sure to mark them as to what cyl the fit and keep them in the pairs they are in on the engine.

On the engine they have little clips that keep the lines in pairs for cyl 1-3 5-7
2-4 and 6-8

Some of these can actually be mixed up and it can be a mess trying to sort it all out.

Are yours missing or damaged ???

Good luck

Jgreemo
03-29-2016, 10:17
Thanks Robyn, I have a complete set on the engine now but it looks like #7 has developed a hairline crack and is weeping a bit of fuel. The engine runs fine, but I'm getting some missing at startup and white smoke and I can see a bit of fuel pooling inside the nut. I've checked it, retorqued it, tightened it a bit over torque but still leaking. Once it's been running a minute or two it settles out and runs fine but it'll need to be fixed.

It took some sorting as I had moved the injectors around to verify that it was the line and found one of the injectors had a slight imperfection that wouldn't let it seat on the line. This might have stressed the line but at least that injector (in #5 now) is sealed up.

I might have a line on some new sets and will post the details if they come through.