PDA

View Full Version : 2006 gmc 3500

markelectric
04-13-2016, 10:59
Two questions

Looking to add a couple electrical acessorys thru a relay. Wanting the relay to be powered by the retained accessory circuit. I cannot find the fuse like it was in the 2001 Silverado that was stolen. Where is a source for that "timed off" power?

Second question Dome light never works. I cannot ever find 12v at the socket. I cannot find a blown fuse. Bulb meters good. The lights on the front door panels work with the door opening and closing. I have tried the cancel switch in both positions, and the dimmer knob in the fully up position, but no voltage at the domelight socket ...ever

Thanks in advance for any help

DmaxMaverick
04-13-2016, 11:13
I frequently use the power window circuit for RAP accessories. It is of heavier gage and higher amperage compared to the other circuits on the RAP. If it doesn't have a CB already, I install one in place of the fuse. The circuit is easily accessed at the fuse panel, or can be spliced anywhere downstream.

The dome lamp often shares the CTSY/LTR fuse and/or circuit, even if it has its own "dome" fuse.

markelectric
04-26-2016, 16:36
Internet search says the switch may be a problem in many cases.

Does anyone know which wire feeds the switch for the dome light and which wire on the switch feeds the light?

Thanks