PDA

View Full Version : Please give me some upgrade suggestions!

Shaun091382
08-02-2003, 11:47
Hello i have roughly a max of $15,000 to spend on my 1993 Chev 6.5TD 4WD. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what best to get with my money for my truck? i was planning a rebuild and a new paint job but i dunno if i really need the rebuild. My truck has 332,000km on it and it runs fine but would it be better to get it redone or maybe ovehauled? i dunno any suggestions? also any suggestions on performance enhancements? motor,tranny etc? how about lift kits for my diesel? i dunno anything i am open to all suggestions on how best to put that money to work on my truck thanks,

Shaun

rustypig
08-02-2003, 17:59
Need a little more info, like what do you plan to do with it? Do you tow or haul a camper etc?

If it's running good now (less than 180K U.S. miles), my vote is to stick 6K away for a future rebuild (or to put down on a new DMAX if this one keeps running a long time), and continue driving this 6.5 until it dies.

As far as upgrades for your 93 I'd look at the 97+ year cooling mods, intake and exhaust mods, Heath Turbomaster boost control, a tranny filter and flush with synthetics, an additional tranny cooler (if automatic), and definitely get boost, egt and tranny temp gauges etc...

While doing the cooling mods you can get your radiator rodded out, and change all other fluids from end to end. Get the paint, new rubber and drive with a smile till it's time to pull that 6K (U.S.) and dump it into a serious 300 hp 6.5 mill (if you decide to keep it then).

patrick m.
08-02-2003, 21:10
looks like rustypig has it nailed ;)

rjschoolcraft
08-02-2003, 23:04
If you're gonna tow, I would recommend an intercooler.

Shaun091382
08-03-2003, 08:10
Hi, thanks for ur responses ..i dont really tow or haul at all..if i were too it would be maybe 3 to 4 times a year MAX. i just use it to drive here and there and thats about it..please keep the suggestions coming thanks,

Shaun