PDA

View Full Version : Major Break Down Far From Home

SMAX
09-26-2016, 07:54
My Brother is up visiting NY from Texas in his 2013 D-Max. They were headed home Friday afternoon. Truck got low power, then would not start. I know you are are going to want the codes, etc., but I didn't get them. As I recall he got a change fuel filter warning.

I towed him to the nearest Chevy dealer. Filter changed. No help. Tech did troubleshooting. Low fuel pressure. Came out with a huge troubleshooting printout that takes him through the pumps, etc. to resolve issue.

Got a loaner car, wife flew home to be back to work. He is with us again. Forecast is Wednesday at best to see where the problem ends in the fuel system.

I feel pretty comfortable with the tech, just worried that this could get VERY drawn out.....

I guess I'm just looked for some feedback from anyone that has had a major failure far from home and dealing with GM.

I have also read some of these failures are "lemoned" because they are so major?

Thanks in advance,

Max

rapidoxidationman
09-26-2016, 20:00
Check the flexible fuel lines to see if there are any kinked/collapsed points?

Will a vacuum pump put onto the fuel filter inlet draw fuel easily?

Kennedy
09-27-2016, 13:53
Hopefully he is still under warranty. While not exceptionally common, a CP4 injection pump failure is typically catastrophic and VERY expensive.