PDA

View Full Version : rebuilding help needed

Shaun091382
08-03-2003, 14:12
Hi can someone help with some tips to rebuild my 6.5TD and 4L80E tranny? i plan on doing the rebuilds myself with kits and i plan on purchasing haynes diesel and transmission techbooks. I have never done anything like this before so for lack of better words i am a bit nervous. Can anyone recommend to me any good advice and or reading materials other then what i have listed above it would be much appreciated thanks,

Shaun

patrick m.
08-03-2003, 17:18
First, think about the price.
I have thought about rebuilding my 6.5, but by my figures, the machine work, and parts to do it my self, will cost a tad more than buying a re-man buit the way i want it from any of the advertisers here.
Also, since they build them all the time, they are better equiped, and more experienced at the 6.5 than i am.
something to think about.

JohnHolt
08-03-2003, 19:25
I rebuilt my on 4L80E. There is 2 certain books that you need first of all.
1. ATSG THM 4L80-E
TECHTRAN tm MANUAL
You buy this one where you buy transmisson parts.
2. This one from HELM that sells factory auto books HYDRA-MATIC 4L80-E (technician's GUIDE)
17001.17-1
HM-4l80-e-tg
3. Buy TRANSGO advanced Transmission Servicing
You want be disappointed at reading any of these books.
There were several tools that I made on my lathe and one with a wire welder. But I could have bought them. If you have ever done a automatic transmission you want have any trouble. If not then I don't know what to tell you.
John Holt