PDA

View Full Version : More truck issues

svcattle
11-06-2016, 13:25
I am still fighting this truck not making boost then it will make boost and pull like crazy Then boost drops to zero the truck quits pulling and blows black smoke so my question is if I buy this new pcm will it solve my problems ?

Robyn
11-07-2016, 07:20
That will eliminate the issue.

The PCM is reprogrammed to change several issues these rigs have, plus the Turbo master is a mechanical device with an adjustable spring that allows the max boost to be set easily.

Keep your boost at no more than 12 psi and watch your EGT and keep temps to no more than 1000 F at the ports or in the outlet of the LH manifold where it connects to the crossover pipe.

Actually placing the probe in the first inch of the xover on the LH side is perfect

I assume you have a larger than stock and free flowing exhaust ??

A stock system that is plugged (Cat/soot trap) will not do well with the new ECM and TM

Good luck

Keep us in the loop

svcattle
11-07-2016, 08:48
Thanks Robyn yes I have a bigger exhaust no muffler no cat if this rig had one . I've only gotten the pyro up to a thousand a couple times usually won't go over 900 no matter what I also placed the probe on left side of the crossover like you told me before . I really don't need any more power the rig scoots pretty good even with 15000 gvw when the computer will let it make boost

arveetek
11-08-2016, 09:17
Here's another option:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/categoryresults3.cfm?Category=1&SubCategory=191&SubCategory2=164

Kennedy knows his stuff and I think he makes higher quality products than Heath. Just call him up and he'll build you a custom program. Since I have a 1995 model, I was able to go with an actual chip. I sent it back to have some programming "tweaked," and he got it right where I wanted it.

But to answer your original question, yes, this will cure the defueling problem from the stock ECM.

Casey

rustyk
11-08-2016, 14:57
Check your air filter.