PDA

View Full Version : Loose part

94redrebuild
12-21-2016, 09:05
Can someone PLEASE tell me where this goes. I'm in the middle of a rebuild. Took tons and tons of pics labeled blah blah blah. No idea what this is or where it goes. Honestly don't remember taking it off. If anyone knows help would be much appreciated.

trbankii
12-21-2016, 09:16
Ok, from your name, I’m going to guess it’s from a ’94 6.5TD? What did you tear down? Engine? Transmission? Whole truck?

Robyn
12-21-2016, 12:49
Rear bracket from the power steering pump

Long leg goes down the left side of the engine just above the pan rail

Bolts to the PS pump and the hole on the far right in the piccy fastens to the front of the engine

Get the bracket up by the pump and it will be very obvious where it fastens on

N9Phil
12-22-2016, 06:14
I had the same problem with the same part a few years ago when I changed the water pump on my 95 diesel. This was the first part that I took off and then I decided to take a picture of every step that I did. When I was ready to put everything back I printed out the pictures and when I got through the last picture I still had this bracket left. Fortunately I had another 95 diesel so I went over to it and spotted where the bracket went. You did the right thing by posting a picture on this site because I think Robyn has all of these parts programmed in her mind and she is always willing to share with all of us.

Phil

Robyn
12-22-2016, 06:48
here is a couple pix

You can see that the bracket fastens to the front face of the ps pump.
I called it the rear bracket, but that's not quite correct, just what I have called it for years.

The long leg runs down the side of the block and bolts on the pan rail area.

The short flange on the bracket with the bend and the hole, slides over the stud headed bolt on the front of the engine.

Good luck