PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP 01 duramax

jtcamero
01-12-2017, 09:34
I have a 01 duramax with recent injector replacement. I am going into limp mode while towing heavy load does not do this unless towing. I can turn the key off and back on it resets and will run fine after. The fuel gauge will go to empty when this happens also. The key off and on also fixes this. It is throwing these codes 202,203,205,208,1262. I have a fast fuel system and edge with attitude running on tow setting. Any help would be great.

Thanks Jeremy

DmaxMaverick
01-12-2017, 13:12
Welcome aboard!

These are injector control failure codes, for multiple cylinders. Initially, I would suspect an issue with the harness, but the suspect cylinders are on different harnesses. This, along with it only happening when towing, indicates a data communication error, rather than a physical failure (such as poor connections), however, the Edge module pin contacts may be suspect. Disconnect (physically) the Edge module and repeat the conditions.

jtcamero
01-12-2017, 15:53
Will try that is the ficm out of the question?

DmaxMaverick
01-12-2017, 17:02
Will try that is the ficm out of the question?
No. Disconnecting/removing intrusive power devices or uploads is always the first step, when applicable, while diagnosing issues such as yours. The FICM is quite a ways down the line. Removing the Edge module is free and simple. Replacing the FICM is neither free nor simple. There are other possible suspects, still, but we'd rather keep it simple. Even if the Edge module isn't causing an issue, you'll want it out of the system while you continue troubleshooting, in any case. Often with similar issues, the Edge module is the cause, for one reason or another.

DmaxMaverick
01-12-2017, 17:06
Regarding the FICM, for now, just check the connector. It may have been "disturbed" by one means or another.

jtcamero
01-12-2017, 20:16
ok thanks for the info

Kennedy
01-13-2017, 08:10
Assuming that the injectors came from a known, reputable source (Only Bosch does proper reman process) I'd be checking the work on the injector install as first order of business

We've seen it before where the nuts that retain the wires to the injectors are not secured prior to installing the covers.

I will add that the 2001 LB7 P0093 and various other phantom issues) is a chronic issue that acts like your symptoms. I cover with my Kennedy Custom ECM programming.

jtcamero
01-13-2017, 14:38
I had heard about these ecm how much do the run and is it an exchange. Is there ant way to know that that will fix my problem.

a5150nut
01-13-2017, 18:46
Go to Johns web site, all the info is there as far as pricing and application.
And there is a lot of helpful info if you look.