PDA

View Full Version : clutchs and vibrations

catmandoo
11-08-2003, 14:37
well lost a spring in my clutch disc last week and replaced the clutch it now has a weird vibration and after really paying super attention it seems to be related to engine speed. when it comes on it feels like a hop, at say 60 it (hops)at a rate of like 3 times a second,back off or give it power and it goes away,now my question is ,its a 92 1/2 ton ext cab 2wd that had a 6.2 it got a new 6.5 in 96 because the dealer couldn't find a 6.2,well i put in the 6.2 clutch and the clutch i could push down with my pinky whereas before it took some pressure and did some checkin with the parts house and he says they show a different number between the 2 also the clutch that was in it had a bushing of sorts in the disc thats lose in the disc,the new one didn't could this 6.2 clutch be causing my vibration .has anybody experienced this scenario?

tom.mcinerney
11-08-2003, 16:44
Don't know here. Might want : 1.) Post in "2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain" forum, and 2.) Let someone else (mechanic/front end guy) familiar with vehicle drive it--sometimes the daily driver acclimates to gradual changes ; a new driver can immediately sense an anomoly???