PDA

View Full Version : wiring harnesss please!!!!

mmarin
02-11-2005, 12:27
Hi,

I am starting to think that I have made a big mistake.

First, I was able to get a very cheap complete engine and trans froma a crashed 6.5l 1994 c/k picup with a 4l80.

I thought I would be an easy task to adapt it to my blown 5,7 gas TBI chevy pickup. But....

The PCM was stolen, I just bought one in a junkyard..

My biggest problem now is to get the complete wiring harness with all connectors, in order to connect the pcm with all sensors and devices trans etc.

The people who took the engine of the truck cut all the wires, so dont understand much....

I need to buy a complete wiring harness ,Can anyone tell me where?...

Also I realized that I dont have the Accelerator Module (APP)....Also need one....

PLEASE HELP..

More Power
02-11-2005, 13:16
If I were doing something similar, I would install a mechanical fuel injection system. The wiring mods under the hood would be minimal.

Your 4L60-E could also be made to work with the 6.5 - using a diesel torque converter and a new chip for your existing computer. You'd need a diesel TPS and an engine speed sensor. You can read more about those sensors in a recent product review we did on the Powertrain Control Solutions Electronic Transmission Controller (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/pcstrans.htm).

MP

mmarin
02-11-2005, 13:38
The controller looks Ok buying one with the appropiate wiring harness should be a problem.

And for the mechanical pump conversion .What do I need apart from the mechanical pump, I think its the DB2 type.Isnt it??

Is there any other change necesary, throttle linkage??

Do I nahe to get rid of the Turbo??

THanks for answering...

Docfranco
02-11-2005, 13:41
I am walking this path now...i am swapping a 1998 6.5TD/4L80E into a 1980 Scout. I have found many parts including wire harnesses on http://www.car-part.com/
good luck, hope it works out for you. MP has a good idea using the mech pump which is less headache and IP problems later on...