PDA

View Full Version : 2007 LMM dorne /vibration

MIKE MOG
04-20-2017, 19:03
Hi, its nice to be back. Can anyone please tell me how to change my pass word from the one emailed to me? I have a 2007, 2500 HD, I have a drone/vibration that I feel in the floor boards and I can hear it. it seems like its worst at freeway speeds. I have put new motor mounts and trans mount in with no change. I can feel it in the exhaust system and on the intake tube under the hood. The drone sounds like a diesel with a straight pipe on it. This truck has 50,000 miles on it and is all stock. has anyone experienced any thing like this?
Than you,
Mike Mog

DmaxMaverick
04-20-2017, 20:01
PM sent regarding the password change.

Kennedy
04-21-2017, 07:37
Check to make sure that the pipes are not sagging and resting on the torsion bar cross member. The stds in the 3 bolt flange also tens to pop off when corrosion heaves them.

MIKE MOG
04-23-2017, 06:48
I checked the pipes and found nothing grounding out. It's really weird. I can feei the vibration in the front tires, the exhaust system and the body but when I touch the frame rail it's a very light vibration. The drone seems to be coming from high on the engine and is more pronounced at the top of the shift points. I can also feel the vibration in the air filter box.

More Power
04-23-2017, 09:41
Have the front wheel bearings been eliminated as a possible?

Through the years I've had two diesel pickups that drove me to the brink, thinking there was noise coming from the engine. The sounds would come and go with engine speed, which reinforced the thought process. In both cases, it was a bad front wheel bearing that was the root cause of the sounds...

rapidoxidationman
04-23-2017, 16:00
How are the drive shafts doing? Any play in any of the joints? It might take more than a strong hand to make play evident...

MIKE MOG
04-25-2017, 18:40
Thank you, I will check the u-joints and wheel bearings tomorrow night.