PDA

View Full Version : Banks ottomind

94GMC2500
06-19-2017, 18:47
I just ordered a KOJO chip for my 95 6.5, I was getting info from the truck I figured they might need. I looked in the computer and it already has a Banks Ottomind 62653 chip in it, which I never knew. I tried searching for info on the chip online and cant find anything on it. Does anyone on here know anything about it? The truck is a dog for towing.

Dvldog8793
06-19-2017, 19:01
Howdy
It has been my experience that banks has a pretty good customer tech dept and they do a ton of research and they also track their product pretty good.
I would call them up and see what they say.
IMHO....between my 1999 and my 1996 I have had three different ECM programs. All from good names....none of them make a HUGE difference but with other real mods they were needed. If you haven't done anything else with the truck then I wouldn't get your hopes up.

94GMC2500
06-19-2017, 19:30
Its a 95 extended cab dually, 4.10 gears, HD cooling, manual boost control, Diamond Eye 4" exhaust {no muffler}. I am thinking about a different air cleaner setup.

I cant turn boost up over about 9 lbs without check engine light coming on, and trans shifts to early in my opinion.

Dvldog8793
06-20-2017, 09:50
Sounds like you need a different ECM chip. My current setup is a Heath one and I can pull 14PSI real easy.
For the air intake, one of the best things you can do is to remove the inner fender baffle(PITA but worth the effort) and keep a clean paper filter in the original box. The original box and air path is pretty good and if remove the baffle it improves allot.
You could use a 7+ layer reusable filter and service it often. Some of the filters out there are 5 or less layers and, IMHO, don't do enough for forced induction.
AVOID anything that gets its air from inside the engine bay.

Robyn
06-20-2017, 18:36
The Heath chip will not trip an overboost defuel and the chip also gives some mods to the tranny lockup and shift points.

IMHO the Heath chip is a really good bang for the buck and gives the 6.5 some serious punch.

Get the boost at about 12-14 psi MAX (KEEP THE IAT REASONABLE)

As mentioned the air filter baffle mod is goo idea.

94GMC2500
06-22-2017, 12:11
I ordered a KOJO chip from Walking J.