PDA

View Full Version : Catalytic Converter Removal

T.RAY
08-08-2003, 12:25
I'm new to the forum and was searching for information about removal of the Cat on a '94 6.5TD C3500, search topics show up but I can't access the threads. Perhaps it is due to the recent problems with the site. It says the topic does not exist, however, the search engine shows at least 9 topics associated with this!!!???

Anyway, I have Kennedys exhaust upgrade and other mods and had a question for JK, however, I see he's on vacation from the 1st thru the 10th and I wanted to work this weekend on the truck.

Question for you guys that replaced your OEM exhaust system:

Did you remove it completely, or did you use one of JK's options that are on JK's web page?

Mainous
08-08-2003, 14:03
My cat left on a long vacation about a year ago and I have not seen it since.

I live in an emission check county in Ohio and was a bit concerned that I would have trouble passing this year. Especially since I went with a new low compression motor, HO injectors and a #9 resistor.

I was concerned enough that I had the truck checked a couple of months early. It ended up registering the same numbers as before I had done any mods at all.

GaryC
08-09-2003, 05:00
You will notice a big difference in quicker response from your engine, I left mine on and gutted it(just in case).I replaced my exhaust with a Banks system and downpipe several years ago.

triggerman
08-12-2003, 17:55
I posted a while back with a thread called fast way to gut the cat. Basicly use a large wood forestner bit on a 18 or 20 inch extension in your basic hand drill. Wear a dust mask and you'l be done in no time.

MikeC
08-17-2003, 06:15
I put Kennedy's system on my Burban and for some reason I still need the test pipe in place. The Cat vomited out it's guts and has not found it's way back to the truck since I haven't had time to get it there.

Mike