PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Naildriver
09-24-2017, 06:21
I'm having a problem with my 06 duramax, when I give it pedal to accelerate it sounds like the turbo makes a squealing/grinding noise and hesitation in boost as soon as I let off it quits. Does anyone have any ideas on a fix

rapidoxidationman
09-24-2017, 07:30
Have you had a chance to check for engine codes? They could reveal what's up. Turbo leaks (loose hoses) can sound like squeaks and whistles too - make sure the plumbing is all snug.

Naildriver
09-24-2017, 08:11
I have checked codes replaced turbo vane sensor and solenoid but I have not checked for loose hoses some people have said it may be bad turbo or a wastegate problem. I will check the plumbing.thanks

rapidoxidationman
09-24-2017, 14:31
You can also pull the intake pipe off the front of the turbo and try to move the hub. It should spin freely but should have nearly zero play off the axis. If you can spin it and push it against the walls of the housing... :eek:

Naildriver
09-24-2017, 15:35
It will be tomorrow before I can check the things you mentioned but I will and thanks for the advice, I will let you know what I find

Naildriver
10-10-2017, 17:11
I'm having a friend check out my truck he has done some checking and thinks that the vanes in the turbo are stuck all the plumbing is good