PDA

View Full Version : Diesel-Direct and Rebuilt Diesel question

Ralph Fichtl
11-11-2003, 06:47
Hello All, I have yet another question(s). I noticed the other day while surffing Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33623&item=2440933045) an ad for pistons. After a few tries I finally got ahold of a person to talk with. The details he give me about the pistons that are list on Ebay was that they use Mahle piston and machine .030 off the top, then ceramtic coat the top for add durablity to get the lower compression.

My first question is what do you guys and gals think of this method? Do any of the other companies use this method to get the lower compression pistions. How duriable is this method? I called Mahle direct, they only offer standard compression pistons.

Second, is Diesel Direct and Rebuild Diesel the same company? Looking at the Ebay ad both are listed. Are they any good to deal with?

(I realize this is more then two questions.hee hehee)

Thank you,

Ralph

I just noticed on both websites that they use the same mailing address.

Diesel Direct (http://www.diesel-direct.com/) and Rebuilt Diesel (http://www.RebuiltDiesel.Com)

[ 11-11-2003, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: Ralph Fichtl ]

ucdavis
11-11-2003, 11:05
1) I believe the "marine" pistons used in the Penninsular & similar engines have the crown lowered vs. the wrist pin location to achieve lower compression. This would imply .030 more aluminum material on the "marine" versions for durability, but the added ceramic may obviate the need (your call, or hopefully you'll get a more informed opinion on this).
2) Same address sure sounds like same outfit.

dslpwr
11-11-2003, 12:56
I GOT A SET INJECTOR OFF EBAY LAST YEAR WITH WARRENTY.
HAD ONE OF THEM THAT WAS BAD FROM DAY ONE.
NEVER DID GET IT REPLACED. HAD TO BUY A NEW ONE.
I TRY TO BUY FROM DIESEL PAGE ADVERTISERS

Ralph Fichtl
11-11-2003, 19:40
DSLPWR, what part of Oklahoma are you from?

bromak
11-11-2003, 20:45
Buyer beware my friend! I bought from this guy in June and still haven't got a straight reply from him as to what he shipped. In fact, he hasn't replied at all since my e-mail that told him I had the pistons checked at a machine shop.(they supply Disney with parts, highly reliable) Sold me standard compression pistons and said they were marine. Now I'm out an extra $150 over his prices for std. If you got him on the phone once it will probably be the last because he seems to screen his calls too. Stick to Dieselpage vendors.

Bobbie Martin
11-12-2003, 09:58
Earlier this year, I made several attempts to contact this guy and buy some 6.5 parts. I live an hour or so from the town (Palatka, FL) he list in his ebay ad, so I thought I would just drive down and pick them up. I never got a response, so I figured something was a bit fishy. I bought elsewhere. If you can't get in contact to buy something, you will never reach him if there is a problem.

dslpwr
11-12-2003, 12:13
HEY RALPH
I AM FROM THE BIG TOWN OF LONE GROVE IF YOU EVER HEARD OF IT.