PDA

View Full Version : Transmission

Nanner43
02-15-2018, 16:34
2004 chevy silveroldo 3500 6.6....number 7 injector connector went out...put a new one on..truck running great...now with the allison transmission it goes in limb mode and won't go in reverse....you can stop cut the truck off and restart it and it will do fine...until it downshift and it will go into limb mode again....does the transmission have to be reset or whats the problem....

rapidoxidationman
02-16-2018, 07:26
There's gotta be a code in there somewhere, but a cheap OBDII scanner may not be able to read a transmission code. For $150 or less I'm sure you can get a reader from an auto parts store that reads engine/brake/transmission codes though... Or hit up a dealer for a bit of diagnostics time.

DmaxMaverick
02-16-2018, 08:38
Welcome aboard!

Definitely check for stored codes. Even the cheapest of readers will show DTC "P0700" (merely means a TCM-related DTC is presently stored) if any code is present. A more capable reader/scanner is needed to identify the actual code. In almost every case, the SES lamp should be on if there is a significant code present (affects drivability, including limp mode).

gary_lucas
02-16-2018, 16:45
I've had a p0700 previously, but just shut it down and started it up. Hasn't happened since (about 4 years).

I would definitely get that into a shop (or if you're competent with a code reader etc do it yourself).

Something is definitely not right. One thing I like about the edge module is that it includes a basic code reader / reset which is always plugged in and ready to go!

I'm assuming you've checked your fluids and nothings low etc and all that obvious stuff.

I hope it's something simple!

rapidoxidationman
02-16-2018, 17:12
the #7 injector... Way back against the firewall.
I wonder if whoever did the job either knocked an electrical connector loose or had to unplug one to gain access but forgot to plug something back in?

More Power
02-19-2018, 14:53
#7 is the rearmost on the passenger side of the engine.

When was the transmission last serviced (mileage on current service)? Otherwise, I agree with others here. Have the codes read. It'll help narrow the possibilities.

MaxJacob
02-20-2018, 03:23
#7 is the rearmost on the passenger side of the engine.

When was the transmission last serviced (mileage on current service)? Otherwise, I agree with others here. Have the codes read. It'll help narrow the possibilities.

Would strongly suggest that as well.