PDA

View Full Version : US to GB

Dek Hawkins
03-02-2018, 14:22
Hi guys, I have a Silverado 2500HD 2002 purchased new in 2002. It has full towing package, and it is a Canadian vehicle , which has the Amber Indicators.
Not like US models that uses the stop lights for Indicators.

It is a 7 spade tow plug on rear, and I have just purchased a Camper (British) with GB 7 round pin connector. Is there an adapter to plug in both to alter the lights ?,
`Dek

arveetek
03-05-2018, 09:16
Hi guys, I have a Silverado 2500HD 2002 purchased new in 2002. It has full towing package, and it is a Canadian vehicle , which has the Amber Indicators.
Not like US models that uses the stop lights for Indicators.

It is a 7 spade tow plug on rear, and I have just purchased a Camper (British) with GB 7 round pin connector. Is there an adapter to plug in both to alter the lights ?,
`Dek

I am not familiar with the GB 7 pin connector, but the US 7 pin connector already has a built-in converter to change the separate amber turn signals into the combination red turn/stop lights.

The US 7 pin connector has wires for the following:

LH stop/turn
RH stop/turn
Clearance/tail/running
Electric brakes
12V battery charge
Backup/reverse
Ground

This might be the adapter you need:

7 blade to 7 round adapter (https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-47595-Blade-Type-Adapter/dp/B0002RNSLY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520266288&sr=8-1&keywords=7+blade+to+7+round+adapter&dpID=41x6ZcmngyL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch)

You could also replace the male plug on the camper with a 7 blade connector.

Casey