PDA

View Full Version : Dmax to NV4500

JeepSJ
05-17-2018, 10:27
Anyone done it? I've spent a lot of time searching and have found a few threads from people who said they were doing it, but then no conclusions or follow-ups. Why? Because the NV4500 fits the R30 chassis nicely and the ZF6 doesn't (and I own a NV4500 and the ZF6 is stupid expensive). Was originally going to swap in a 6.5, but I'm now leaning towards Dmax.

Thoughts?

More Power
05-18-2018, 08:28
Are flywheels, pressure plates and clutch plates available for the Duramax?

If so, the question becomes, do the NV spline and pilot match?

Once those questions are answered, we know that the ZF and the NV both have a somewhat lower torque limit than the Allison. Torque needs to be kept within the 650 lb-ft torque limit of the ZF, which is likely close to the limit for the NV.

JeepSJ
05-18-2018, 09:41
Standard DMax flywheel and pressure plate, and disk with spline count to match the NV.

Not worried about the capacity of he NV - guys are using them in pullers behind built Cummins. Yes, the Cummins version has a bigger input shaft, and there are upgraded input shafts for the GM application transmissions. I'm also not going to go crazy with the Dmax power, nor do I plan on racing.

sctrailrider
05-19-2018, 07:18
I do know Humvee guys are using Allison trannys behind the 6.5, not clear what all is involved tho... lots of them on the humvee forum...