PDA

View Full Version : service throttle soon light?

stevesnider
08-09-2003, 14:30
My service throttle soon light came on and my truck stopped moving but would still idle .
I went back in the morning and it started up and drove to Auto Zone. Truck didn't show any codes on the obdII .No lights came on today any ideas as to why it had no throttle?
Steve Snider

stevesnider
08-09-2003, 22:23
Someone please help me 90K on truck and starting to have problems. I hate to get rid of it but don't want to get stranded all the time.
Steve

Chuck1
08-10-2003, 00:59
hi there wicky I have a 94 and it did the same thing about 2 months ago but its been fine sence i'm kind of wondering to

tloomis
08-10-2003, 06:29
Hi Wicky,
I am no expert but it sounds like your problem is in the Accelerator pedal position (APP) module. Our Diesels do not have a cable going to a throttle body as in gasser. Ours is a fancy potentiometer (has conditioning electronics to communicate with PCM)which talks directly to PCM. Then the PCM tells the Injection Pump what to do.
You said that it would still idle but, no acceleration. This is a good indication that it is the APP module because the PCM controls idle speed.
First thing I would do is pull the electrical connector and clean it with a good contact cleaner and check the wiring visually for any problems. If the problem still comes back. I would suspect that the APP module is going bad and needs replaced.

charliepeterson
08-11-2003, 22:17
These APP modules seem to last for a long time. The main engine harness runs under the A/C Accumulator. Try taking the harness plug off and inspect the pins for any corrosion. IIRC the plug is held in place with a cap screw in the middle of all the wires.