PDA

View Full Version : Battery Cables for Van

Bigshankhank
07-19-2018, 11:45
Anyone know a good source for new battery cables for a van with a 6.2L? Rockauto only seems to have the battery to terminal cables, but neither of the battery-to-battery cables.

Yukon6.2
07-20-2018, 08:22
Make your own cables.Then you will know you have good ones.
Get some welding cable and ends,solder it up and you are good to go.

arveetek
07-20-2018, 15:24
Or go to a local battery supply, such as Battery Outfitters, and have new cables made. I had them make me some custom cables for my old 6.2L several years ago. I had them make a positive cable that was one piece from the driver's battery post, to the passenger's battery post, down to the starter; it was really slick, made of larger gauge wire than factory, and allowed more current to flow for faster starts.

Casey

Bigshankhank
07-20-2018, 17:22
Or go to a local battery supply, such as Battery Outfitters, and have new cables made. I had them make me some custom cables for my old 6.2L several years ago. I had them make a positive cable that was one piece from the driver's battery post, to the passenger's battery post, down to the starter; it was really slick, made of larger gauge wire than factory, and allowed more current to flow for faster starts.

Casey

Never even considered that, I’ll look in to it, thank you.

Yukon6.2
07-21-2018, 07:52

Casey
For some things it is nice to live in civilization.
I would love to be able to get cables made.No such service up here.

JohnC
07-21-2018, 12:24
No welding supply shops in the Great White North?

Yukon6.2
07-22-2018, 08:42
No welding supply shops in the Great White North?
Welding supply shops...yes
Wiring cable building shops... no
I have been waiting 3 weeks for fittings for my new to me forklift to make a hose.
Yesterday i tried 3 motorcycle shops looking for a Air filter with a 2" rubber opening,like what dirt-bikers use when they mod their bikes... nope had to order through NAPA
So things are limited way up here,and local(Whitehorse) service sucks.Everyone is willing to order what you need,which i can usually do and have it delivered to my post office instead of having a 200 mile round trip journey to get it.

sctrailrider
07-22-2018, 13:38
I sent you a PM with a shop that will make them and ship to you..

Bigshankhank
07-24-2018, 08:32
I sent you a PM with a shop that will make them and ship to you..

Now all I gotta do is send them my old cables for them to copy, nice.

sctrailrider
07-25-2018, 14:32
He makes a high quality heavy gauge kit, you will be pleased...