PDA

View Full Version : LB7 Y bridge connection-What wire goes here?

KenZ
08-02-2018, 14:20
Been working on my truck for a while and can't remember what wire connects to the y bridge and am not finding a wire that wants to connect there. Any help please. This is a 2002 duramax. Thanks!

DmaxMaverick
08-02-2018, 16:39
Which connector? The loose nut on the pipe below the intake heater? Support bracket, perhaps? Can't see it on an assembled engine, it's buried under the compressor inlet (I looked). The diagram shows the stud, but makes NO mention of it.

KenZ
08-02-2018, 17:57
yes, the loose nut (loose in my picture) below the intake heater. I know it is buried under stuff when everything is together, that is why I don't want to continue to put things back together without knowing what should be connected there. I don't think it could be much more than a ground, but want to see if anyone knows for sure.

DmaxMaverick
08-02-2018, 18:16
I thought about a ground, at first, but a bracket and the close position to the fuel pipes seemed to make more sense, at the time. Perhaps the heater ground, rather than grounding it through the manifolds. The diagrams don't mention or show it, and it isn't listed on the ground distribution chart.

KenZ
08-03-2018, 04:57
Thanks for checking on the diagrams. That is a good thought about a bracket. I do have an extra bendable wire holder that I wasn't sure where it went and that could be the place--although there doesn't seem to be a wire next to it there are some in the area.

If anyone has a chance to look at their LB7 and can see in there, please let me know!

Thanks DmaxMaverick!

Ken

Kennedy
08-03-2018, 08:52
There was a strap I believe that went around the barrel of the fuel pressure relief valve that extends from the function block.

Looks like: =====O with a break in the side of the O of course.

KenZ
08-03-2018, 09:36
Thanks, John! I will look around to see if I have anything like that lying around.

KenZ
08-05-2018, 16:31
That was it! A metal strap lined with rubber. Thanks for everyone's response!

DieselDavy
08-06-2018, 05:06
Ken,
Isn't this place awesome!
Having guys around like Kennedy and DMAX is priceless!
d

DmaxMaverick
08-06-2018, 05:22
That was it! A metal strap lined with rubber. Thanks for everyone's response!

Did you take a pic of it, in place, before sealing it in the tomb? If you did, please post it here, and be the only one anywhere on the web!